It’s a common question when you are remodeling your kitchen remodeling Fort Lauderdale. You have two options: either the floor or the cabinets. Which one should go first?
When laying down your Fort Lauderdale flooring, you have a few options. You can go with tile, which is more expensive than vinyl but looks great and isn’t as slippery as carpeting. You can also opt for laminate flooring, which is still inexpensive and doesn’t require much care.
For cabinets, you will need to decide whether to go with wood cabinets or granite counters when it comes to remodeling your kitchen. Wood cabinets are not very expensive and are easy to maintain but don’t provide the same level of storage space as granite counters do
Cabinets are typically a more expensive project than flooring and may take longer to complete, so do not start there unless you must. The choice between kitchen flooring and cabinets is based on the look you want for your kitchen — modern, traditional, rustic, or even industrial.
Advantages of Installing Flooring First
- The main advantage of installing a new floor before any other part of the project is that it can save you hundreds of dollars. When you install a new floor, it’s usually a good idea to replace all the cabinets and countertops as well since they won’t be permanently damaged by moving them around.
- Another advantage of installing floors first is that it gives you more time to plan out your kitchen layout. If you know what kind of kitchen cabinets Fort Lauderdale and appliances will go where before you start laying down tiles or carpet, it’s much easier to work with than if everything is still in flux at this point.
Disadvantages of Installing Flooring First
- Costs: The cost of installing Fort Lauderdale flooring can be high, especially if the kitchen is an expensive renovation project. This is because it will take up a lot of space in your home, so you need to buy bigger appliances or place them on top of the cabinets.
- Time: It takes longer to install flooring than to install cabinets and countertops, so if you’re trying to get things done quickly and cheaply, installing flooring first is not recommended.
- The difficulty of Installation: Installing flooring requires much more time and effort than installing cabinets or countertops. You may struggle with wet floors or other problems during installation if you go ahead with this option.
Advantages of Installing Kitchen Cabinets First
- The idea of installing cabinets first is that it will save you time in the long run. You can install the kitchen flooring after the cabinets are up and running, which means it will be easier for you to move around when working on the interior of your kitchen.
- Another reason is that you want to ensure that everything fits together well and that there are no problems with electrical outlets or anything like that.
- Hiring a kitchen cabinets Fort Lauderdale professional is affordable.
Disadvantages of Installing Kitchen Cabinets First
Installing cabinets before the floor can cause more damage to your new floor. The weight of the cabinets will put a lot of stress on the floor, and it might crack or even break.
Deciding whether to start with a floor or cabinets can be a hard decision to make. Spare yourself the kitchen remodeling Fort Lauderdale trouble by contacting Kitchens Baths and Flooring today. The firm will fashion and execute a top-notch remodel for you.